Sunday, May 17, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 17:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 17:11
"And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, they brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, the ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."

Learning patience is such a beautiful thing and I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to come on the other side of it. For in patience you come very close to the Lord because that is the only way you can endure the trial or affliction. Patience allows the spirit to direct our lives. As I was reading this I thought of people that say "There cannot be a God for why would he allow people to suffer?" These are not punishments they are opportunities to come to Christ and be one. These are chances for hearts to grow tender and see the hand of God in their lives, even when prayers are not answered the way we wanted. When I think of the sons of Mosiah and all that was accomplished by their service and mission to the Lamanites, the door would not have opened if they were not patient with long-suffering until the timing of the Lord was there. Their ability to serve even during trial set the example and filled others with the desire to be taught.


Day 1875

No comments:

Post a Comment