Monday, May 11, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 11:34, 37

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 11:34, 37
"And Zeezrom said again: Shall he save his people in their sins? And Amulek answered and said unto him: I say unto you he shall not, for it is impossible for him to deny his word.
And I say unto you again that he cannot save them in their sins; for I cannot deny his word, and he hath said that no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore, how can ye be saved, except ye inherit the kingdom of heaven? Therefore, ye cannot be saved in your sins."

I reflected on the first time I read Zeezrom's question, if the Son of God would save his people in their sins. I was shocked when Amulek said no. I had not caught that very import word "in". That makes all the difference. Yet, even today I see some preach that everyone will be saved in their sins. You cannot keep your sins and be saved. You must get rid of them through the atoning blood of Christ and be washed clean. When you are clean you can then inherit the kingdom of heaven.

"And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end."
(3 Nephi 27:19)


Day 1869

No comments:

Post a Comment