Sunday, May 10, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 10:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 10:22-23
"Yea, and I say unto you that if it were not for the prayers of the righteous, who are now in the land, that ye would even now be visited with utter destruction; yet it would not be by flood, as were the people in the days of Noah, but it would be by famine, and by pestilence, and the sword.
But it is by the prayers of the righteous that ye are spared; now therefore, if ye will cast out the righteous from among you then will not the Lord stay his hand; but in his fierce anger he will come out against you; then ye shall be smitten by famine, and by pestilence, and by the sword; and the time is soon at hand except ye repent."

Lots of great verses in this chapter. So much to ponder on. I selected these two verses as my favorite because I've been watching and pondering on some events I have seen taking place in the world and the treatment of Christians. Today I read stories that make me feel I am seeing pestilence returning. The interesting thing is the world won't make those connections. The prayers of the righteous, no matter how few, do make a difference in the preservation and protection of a land. Years ago after a tragic event a woman being interviewed said "I don't want your prayers. They do nothing. Don't pray for me." It was so sad that she didn't realize how much prayer can do.


Day 1868

No comments:

Post a Comment