Saturday, April 4, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - John 21:25

Today's favorite verse: John 21:25
"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written everyone one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."
I concluded the the book of John. I am touched how he never says I or names himself as the apostle who Jesus loved. I see such humility in that. I sat and reflected on that, and what an example he is to me as a disciple of Christ. His parting words speaks of how much more there is to tell of the Lord's teachings. Would you not love to have the world filled with those books and read them. But, its not possible for us to even begin to read a world full of books.

I know the gospel and scriptures have layers to them. You can ponder on their meanings for a lifetime. The spirit will teach us all things. I know the Lord was resurrected and lives. That he still speaks to his prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson. How it thrills my soul to know that today and tomorrow I will be able to sit and listen to his prophet and apostles on the earth today during general conference. I can't wait to learn new things, see the gospel teachings in a new way. Expose more of the layers that are hidden but now reveled. I hope you take time to listen to general conference today. It can be streamed lived on www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment