Sunday, April 26, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 22:14-15

Today's favorite verse: Acts 22:14-15
"And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard."

Paul was being taken by the soldiers but requested to speak to the people first. He then speaks to them in Hebrew and tells them he is a Jew. He tells how he believed as they did to persecute unto death those that believed in Christ. His part in the Stephen's martyr. Then on his journey to Damascus a great light appears around him and he hears the voice of Jesus Christ speaking to him. Afterward he cannot see for the glory of the light. Ananias, a devout Christian comes and restores his sight, and the verses above are what he spoke to Paul.

As this chapter continues you see the Jews upset with Paul and call for his death. He is ready to be scourged but he asks the centurion if its lawful to scourge a man that is Roman and uncondemned? With this revelation, that Paul is a free born Roman, he is released.

As I ponder on this chapter I am struck on how Paul's birth and history is just the perfect combination for him to fulfill the role he needed to play in life. The combination of his life experiences made him a perfect witness. His life is even preserved longer because of it. This makes me think of my life experiences and how they all came together to play different roles in my life. There are no accidents there is a divine plan for each of us. I am so grateful for my patriarchal blessing and how at the age of 15 the patriarch was inspired to tell me the things I needed to know for my life journey. I spent time reading over my patriarchal blessing again. I am always struck on how familiar words take on new meaning when I read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment