Friday, April 10, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 6:15

Today's favorite verse: Acts 6:15
"And all that sat in council, looking steadfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel."

This verse speaks of Stephen after doing great miracles he was brought to council by the elders, scribes and people. Then people bare false witness of him. When they look at him he has the "face of an angel". There are footnotes on that last phrase so I followed them.  One was Helaman 5:36 meaning the face shone exceedingly. This made me ponder over examples of the face changing after having seen God, like Moses. I also thought about the story of the BYU Jerusalem Center. How they were told they could not proselyte to people about the LDS Church there. But one of their leaders said, "Yes but what about the light in their eyes." The window of the soul are the eyes. Made me wonder what my eyes look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment