Thursday, April 23, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 19:15

Today's favorite verse: Acts 19:15
"And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?"

This verse comes from the story of vagabond Jews, that did not believe in Christ but attempted to use His name to case out evil spirits. The evil spirit responds that they didn't know who the unbeliever speaking in Christ name is. Then the man with the evil spirit leaped upon the man and overcomes him.

What a frightening scene. But, it made me think back to my near-death experience (NDE). Of a very frightening man that knew me and I didn't want him to know me. Later it was revealed that it was Satan. The remembrance of this experience motivated me today to put on my other blog "Renee's Christian Life" my near-death experience, as recorded by Arvin Gibson in his book "Echoes from Eternity". 

I don't retell my whole near-death experience to others. I simply don't want to. I'm nothing special because of my NDE, its my NDE that is special to me. Over the years I have come to know what things mean and that interruption is mine. But, I have told people that want to know, to read the book. I used to have a transcript on my Geo-Cities website which no longer exists. Now I have it back online so you don't have to buy the book to read the part with my experience.

But, there is another reason why I picked this verse as today's favorite. That is because I want to address the danger of taking the Lord's name in vain. I feel you can call on the Lord for his help and protection. But, when you take it in vain you open yourself up to damnation. You are opening a conduit to very dark forces to enter your life. There are some things you don't mock, experiment with, or treat lightly. We see in society today the very casual usage  of swearing and taking the Lord's name in vain. This behavior saddens me, people just don't realize what they are doing to themselves. There is a very powerful reason why it's one of our ten commandments.


No comments:

Post a Comment