Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Acts 25:11

Today's favorite verse: Acts 25:11
"For if I be an offender, or have committed any thing worthy of death, I refuse not to die; but if there be none of these things whereof these accuse me, no man may deliver me unto them. I appeal unto Caesar."

This chapter teaches me somewhat on the Roman legal system. I pondered over what a protection it was to Paul. He knew his rights and was able to appeal to higher authorities. He knew he had done no wrong. The Jews to this point had no proof of his wrong doing, only claims. It made me sit and think about the laws of our land and the cases it is facing. It seems like the Christians of today are being pressed upon like the Christians of old. I'm thinking that even if the legal system is corrupted, and cases are not won, at least the telling of the story has value in that. How many people had to hear Paul's testimony of Christ while he was pulled through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment