Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 2:15

Today's favorite verse: Philippians 2:15
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

Reading this I thought, does our world ever need a light in it. It is so easy for people to be torn apart over the least of things. No wonder to be a light you need to be blameless and harmless. Any blemish will be picked at otherwise. That is a tall order. We all have our flaws. As I pondered on this I realize it didn't say I had to be a perfect person, for none of us can be, only Christ. To be blameless means I acknowledge my faults so others don't have the opportunity to expose and twist them any way they can. Being repentant would not give others the right to rebuke me. If my intent was to always be harmless then I think that is achievable. Looking at things this way it doesn't sound as impossible to obtain. May the light of the gospel always shine from me, for I only want to bring honor to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment