Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 1:10-12

Today's favorite verse: Galatians 1:10-12
"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."

I pondered on revelation. How understanding the gospel comes by personal revelation. It is a witness to me. Yet I cannot receive revelation for the church. It is not my stewardship. There is a prophet on the earth that has that right. The organization of Christ's church will not change to please men or women. Otherwise it would be a man made religion and not founded on the truths of all eternity. When I see the changing world around me and all the insanity, and twisting of eternal truths, I am grateful that Christ is over his church and not man. God will not be mocked, and to try and persuade God or his prophets to do my will would leave me in a place I would never want to be. I have joy in my stewardship and the stewardship of my prophet. This brings me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment