Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 3:18-20

Today's favorite verse: Philippians 3:18-20
"(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ."

I pondered on why my conversation needs to be on heavenly things. I think its because when I take God out of the equation with anything I do or say the spirit leaves. When that influence is gone I feed only my belly, glory in mine own knowledge and turn my heart on earthly things. God has to be in the equation so I understand all that I need to see. In a way I begin to see with two sets of eyes. 

I've been a four eyes since about the third grade, when I received my first pair of glasses. To take my glasses off the world is a blur. I can't make anything out. If fact I can trip, fall, break things, and cause a lot of damage if I try to interact with this world. But, when I have my glasses on it all comes into focus. It's clear the direction I need to take. I would be lost without my glasses.

To make sense of this world I need to wear spiritual glasses. The world takes on a whole new dimension and level of understanding. To keep my conversations in a manner in which the spirit can always be the guide, prevents me from bumping into things I shouldn't bump into.


No comments:

Post a Comment