Sunday, June 28, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 6:10-12

Today's favorite verse: Ephesians 6:10-12
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I have been pondering on our nations issues. I have no hatred or malice to those that don't believe as I do what is morally right or wrong. For me to judge them puts the judgment on myself. I will not call an individual and say you are personally going to hell. I can never know their hearts and neither is it my place. I turn them over to the Lord for his judgment, for his judgments are just. Personally, I feel they are deceived by those in high places, the highest of places is Satan. He is who I ultimately hold responsible. I have the deepest of sorry, and grief for those my brothers and sisters that have been deceived. That is the most painful part of living in these latter days. I pray continually that I will not be deceived, I need the armour of God around me to stand.

After reading my scriptures I occasionally need time to let the verse that stood out to me marinate in my brain, before writing my impressions on it. Times like these I will read the news. I found something a little buried in a KSL news article today titled "Supreme Court ruling makes Pride parades historic, jubilant", and I quote "New York City expects 22,000 people marching in a 2-mile route and more than 2 million people to visit throughout the day. The event is considered a march, Studinski said, because the movement still has much to accomplish." 

That statement made me catch my breath. I ask what more do they have to accomplish?

I wrestle not against flesh and blood, its against the entity that sets an agenda. If I join a cause I better make sure I know all that they have in mind. I don't want to get caught up in any movement that will carry me on a downward stream, bashing against the rocks, into the rapids, with no way for me to get off. Brother should not content against brother, but against the false philosophies that Satan is trying to instill. Don't take it personally its the idea that is my issue, not you. My judgment can be and will always be against philosophies that turn us away from the Lord. Those with power, that spread spiritual wickedness in high places. If I did not truly love my brothers, that follow a different course than myself, I would not mourn so now for their deception. I cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment