Monday, June 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

These verse made me recall my younger married years. I noticed a pattern that I would become more faithful when I was going through a trial. When I had a trial I then turned to the Lord and was more active at church. I didn't like this pattern, because it was the trial bringing me to remembrance of the Lord. I wondered if I would have less trials if I was always trying to be faithful first. So I changed my ways. I am so glad I did.

I still have trials but they are not so painful. In fact they are sweet because the Lord protecting arm grows stronger around me. Instead of just being called to remembrance I am embraced during time of weakness and made strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment