Saturday, June 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 3:14-16

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 3:14-16
"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away."

I had been pondering something for a while and maybe these verses are my confirmation. I know we are to study the words of Isiah for we are told they are great. I see people pouring over it, referencing the Jewish interpretation of it. But, I can't help but think that though interesting historically, its not the way we are to understand it. Why would the Lord have me think as a Jew to understand something written for my benefit today?

The scriptures can be difficult to understand, but I know it will have new meaning as I relate it to today. I must bring the Savior into it. Learn to study it with his eyes. I think then the veil is lifted and what I read will be plan and clear and easy to understand. I think the treasures are deep and it is by personal revelation that I truly understand its message. The veil is then lifted and I shall see his face.


No comments:

Post a Comment