Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 2:2

Today's favorite verse: Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience."

I sat and pondered on what it meant to be a prince of the power of the air. Air is so essential for me to breath. The lack of it would cause me to die. It's all around me, yet I cannot see it.  Air can be gentle and still, it can whisper softly. Air can blow hard as a tornado or hurricane and do so much damage. Usually when I feel it, it has a cooling effect. Why would Satan be given the power of the air?

I notice a couple of things about this verse. First, Satan is a prince, and not the King of the air. His power is limited. He can rule over only a certain group of people, the disobedient. He can have no power over me if don't go into his realm. 

To follow him would be to cut off the ability for my spirit to breath. That would be spiritual death. Satan could gentle lead me down a path of disobedience and then buffet me with harsh blows. To follow him would mean over time my heart would turn cold from his cooling effects. I may not see him but his influence would be around me all the time, it would be oppressive. I see I would not want to be in the kingdom of the prince of the power of the air. Even though his air is all around me it has no power over me, if I do not become his child. I actually have more power than him when I walk with Christ. I think that is why Satan is the prince of the power of the air, because it can appear as absolutely nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment