Saturday, June 27, 2015

Today's favorite verse: Ephesians 5:31

Today's favorite verse: Ephesians 5:31
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh."

For the past 90 days I have been recording my thoughts on my favorite verse from the scriptures, selected from the chapter I read that day. I have been working my way through the New Testament, chapter by chapter not pre-selecting the subject for the day. I have wanted to stay out of the discussion of the recent turn of events for our nation. I only want to share His gospel, and the counsel of the prophets. But it is clear from reading today's chapter covering marriage, that it is the Lord's will I give this reminder today. Marriage is between a man and a women.

I cannot tell you how I mourned yesterday for our nation. How can we ask the Lord's blessing on it when we mock his face? I witnessed last night and today the faces of my friends on Facebook proudly becoming a colorful sea of rainbows. What a reminder of the days of Noah. I pondered over this. Are people unaware marking themselves like the Amlicites? Is the six colored flag the latest mark of the beast? I have no answer, but I know a connection is coming.

For the past two months in the temple over and over the thought kept coming to me "this is real". Yesterday the spirit spoke again and said "this is real". I feel like I crossed a line yesterday. I will no longer say in the last days as if it is a time to come. I am an active participant of these times, it is real. I am in awe. I grieve, I mourn, but I know God, may I be strong. All I can do is have the scriptures, the prophets, prayer and the spirit as my guide. God bless our nation, may we survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment