Friday, June 19, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 3:28

Today's favorite verse: Galatians 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

My heart was so broken yesterday when I first learned of 9 beautiful people being killed in a Charleston, SC church. As I heard their stories I mourned. I thought about how my daily scripture reading gives me comfort and peace. I'm sure since these souls were reading their bible before their deaths, they had peace in their hearts during such a terrible event. I think these senseless deaths effected me so much because they are my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. We may not be of the same church, but we worship the same Christ. We all need to be the best of what our religion and faith will have us be.

I pondered on how believers in Christ are not immune to the evil acts of others, and God can always bring good out of it. As I heard the ministers talk on the news I could hear the message repeated, calling our country to turn to God and faith once again. This is what will heal our nation. I think we are going to have every warning possible give us until we do so. There has to be a special place in heaven for people whose lives helped get that message out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment