Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 13:5,7

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 13:5,7
"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates."

I pondered on something I heard said a while ago. That at the final judgment we would judge ourselves. We would know where we belong. We cannot lie to God for he will know all. How much better is it to do that self examination now, to know where I really stand before the Lord while there is still time for me to change. I at least try to do this weekly as I take the sacrament, and during my time in the celestial room. It so easy to get off course.

I pondered on the trial of honesty hitting our world now. People reinventing the truth to fit the situation. I can see how people would think it hard to know what truth is. Honesty is a foreign character trait to many. Then there is a wave of people enticing us to judge others. Satan is such a master at trying to get us to forget the Lord's commandment to not judge others. He wants us to think that no one can repent of the mistakes they make in life. No man knows fully another man's heart. I know my heart. God knows my heart. If I am to judge someone it is to be myself. To be honest with myself and present the truth to my fellowman is as He would have me do.


No comments:

Post a Comment