Thursday, June 11, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 8:12

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 8:12
"For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not."

As I read this verse I pondered on the gospel knowledge I have. Will I be judged for what I don't know? I think the answer is no. What the Lord finds acceptable is my willingness to be taught. If I'm not willing to learn then I think I would be judged for that. 

I pondered on how the Lord takes us all on a different journey in life. When I read the scriptures my understanding of them is personal to me. The spirit can only bear witness to the truths and explain them to me based on the experiences I have had in life. I will not understand or learn anything until I'm ready. There is no yardstick that says you must know this much to be acceptable. The important thing is to be willing to be taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment