Monday, June 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 6:7-8

Today's favorite verse: Galatians 6:7-8
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

I just had a conversation last night with my father about how turned upside down this world has become. Including those refusing to marry and wanting to marry, they all mock God. It's not just that, there are sadly many examples of us defining our own rules to satisfy our flesh. I have to be so careful what philosophies I subscribe to. I do not want to reap what deceived behavior sows.

How do I begin to understand what God wants of me? How do I sow the Spirit? I must treasure up His words. I must search and read and ponder them wherever I find them. Then I must apply what I learn. Without application the understanding will not come. There are ordinances and covenants I must enter into and never stray from. I must pray always, especially to not be deceived. I must repent, come to Christ and never leave his side. 

Am I then bound and not a freeman? No, I still have my agency to choose my behavior, even more so when there are no addictions. The choice to do good is still a free choice. If my flesh reaps corruptions how free is that for the eternities? I want life everlasting. One day I will stand before God and be judged for the eternities. Then I will reap what I have sowed. For God will not be mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment