Sunday, June 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:11, 17

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 4:11, 17
"For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

I woke up this morning feeling really good and happy. Then I read this chapter and I dwelled on hard things. I thought of the persecution of the saints. Saints of the early church, saints in the early days of the restored church, saints in the middle east being beheaded, saints of the last days suffering, and of the missionaries in the movie I just saw Freetown.

When I was young I used to think I would just lie that I didn't believe in Jesus Christ if someone would kill me over it. A small lie would save my life and I could do more good with that life afterwards then dead. I would be forgiven if it saved my life. I'm not sure when that thinking changed. But now I would rather be dead then to deny the Christ. The motivation to live would have no meaning. 

My honor and integrity mean far more to me than my life. It may mean nothing to those that wish to destroy me but the Lord knows my heart. The act of dying would be a moment that passes. Soon I would be in the arms of the Savior, where my heart has been will mean everything at that moment. The weight of my eternal glory would hang in the balance. The intent of my heart will tip those scales. Though I may never be a marytr, how I live my daily life speaks volumes. I thought about how I could deny Christ is so many ways, through my actions and deeds. It is all the same in the eyes of the Lord.  


No comments:

Post a Comment