Sunday, June 21, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 5:22

Today's favorite verse: Galatians 5:22
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,"

I just noticed this yesterday so its probably why reading the scriptures this verse jumped out at me. For years I have not liked my resting face or smile even though its an inherited trait from my mother's side of the family. When you actually smile, with the mouth closed it appears to be a frown. All my life people would say to me don't be so sad, smile! But, I was actually smiling or not sad at all. 

In the past several months people started smiling at me in the stores. Just random strangers, that has never happened before. Twice in the temple  sisters have taken me aside and told me what joy they had watching me and seeing how I happy I was to be there. In a way I was puzzled by their comments because all my life people thought I looked sad when I was happy.

Well Friday night I happened by chance to glance in the mirror and what I saw made me stop to get a better look. I had a closed mouth smile with upturned corners. I had never seen that smile on my face before. I had no idea where it came from. It's like new muscles have developed on my face. I noticed yesterday as I was on the computer throughout the day that I always had that same upturned resting smile. I pondered on why it had changed and knew it was the joy and peace I was feeling in my life coming through. I thought of my niece Amy Glick and the remarkable change I saw on her face after she came back to church. I examined the before and after pictures of her and it was remarkable. Yes, the inward joy and peace the gospel brings into a person's life can change the physical appearance of a person. That is one of the fruits by which you can know them.


No comments:

Post a Comment