Sunday, June 14, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I sat and pondered on how I would know I was not following a false apostle?  After these verses Paul goes on to tell of all he has suffered as an apostle of the Lord. Then I saw the connection an apostle serves the Lord at all hazard to his own life. It is by their works that you know them. I reflected on all that Joseph Smith went through for the restoration of the gospel. If he was telling a lie, no man would endure the persecution he did. I thought of the apostles in jail and wearing prison strips because of the restoration of the law of Sarah. For in the fullness of times all things needed to be restored in the last days, even for a season. What the Lord commands you do. I thought upon the prophecy I believe Elder Holland gave in New York that one day we will see our leaders wearing prison strips again. What days I live in, what things are to come. If you do not believe, you do not endure, otherwise you are deceived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment