Monday, June 8, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:4

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 5:4
"For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life."

Today I just had to chuckle. Within the past 24 hours I either read or heard someone mentioned that we would come to know God's personality, that he even had a sense of humor. I so wish I could remember who said it and exactly how it was phrased. I just don't have a good memory. At the time I thought I want to know God's personality. 

Well as I read this chapter it mentioned several times about the body groaning and I found it so humorous. I just went back to the gym today with my daughter and right before coming into my computer room to read my scriptures my daughter was just groaning in pain from her workout. She had stayed on dry land and worked with a new trainer. I was in the water doing aqua aerobics. We both spent the same amount of time exercising but she was dying and I wasn't. My instructor even told me I wouldn't hurt tomorrow.

It didn't take long for the whole family to gather as we related our new adventure. My experience in the pool was very different from my daughter's workout. I don't have a coordinated bone in my body so my family could just picture how I looked with my failed attempts to figure out how to do the movements required of me. I was either floating out of control or bumping into people. So needless to say our family was doing a lot of laughing. It felt really good. It brought us together.

Then I come to my quiet room to settle down and read my scriptures. I find instead God wants to acknowledge what I did today. His timing is perfect. He had to have known I would be reading this chapter this day. It may seem like such a tiny thing, but I can see him smiling at me. I am so aware that he is my Father, and Christ his son makes my family even bigger. That makes me feel good, it brings us closer together.


No comments:

Post a Comment