Thursday, June 4, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 1:24

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 1:24
"Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand."

I pondered over those last few words "by faith ye stand". No matter what anyone else has done for me, all they may teach me of the gospel, there comes a point I am all alone. If I have not learned to have my own faith I will fall. Another person's testimony in the end will not support me. I must have one all of mine own.

My heart grieved for a childhood friend that taught me this lesson. I helped her as she investigated our church and then was baptized. I spent hours with her just being good friends. Then one day I got a phone call that she had left the church and was no longer coming.  How can someone believe one day and then not the next? I cried so many tears over her.  

Then my dad came to my room and talked to me. He told me how important it was for us to have our own testimonies. That we can't base our testimonies on another person's. People leaving the church shouldn't shake our faith. Just because I belief doesn't mean they have that same testimony. Those words have guided me my whole life. I have learned how important it is to have my own testimony of the gospel. I must first plant the seed of faith, and nourish it so it will grow. I have a testimony of nothing, if I don't first have faith. By faith I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment