Saturday, June 20, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 4:16

Today's favorite verse: Galatians 4:16
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"

I pondered on the telling of truth. When our souls are troubled the truth can be hard to bear. People can get angry with you. I have learned to hold my tongue than say something to make someone angry. I have also learned there is freedom in telling the truth. I have found the Lord's protection when I speak the truth about things. 

I was so troubled over the temple interview question, asking if I was honest with my dealings with my fellow man. I knew this was one weakness I had to overcome, simply because I was uncomfortable answering it. I don't feel I was ever a bad lier, but not always being honest is not good. Some situations I would stress over if I was completely honest. So, I experimented with trying to be completely honest. I found it was far easier to tell the truth. The peace in my heart, the clear conscious made facing the consequences less painful. In fact I feel I was protected from the consequences. 

I think the great lie comes from Satan that not telling the truth will protect you when in fact telling the truth you have the Lord's protection. As I've watched lairs now I see how angry they get when people tell the truth to them. They also forget what story they told you. If you just wait a while you can ask them again the same thing and if they feel comfortable the truth will come out. What a hard life it must be to always worry about what lie you told and to whom. I don't need added stress in my life. Being honest is so much easier, besides that the Lord protects you. Now I wonder if my working on telling the truth made holding my tongue easier too. When you know what the truth is inside you, and the other person wants their own version, I just don't feel I have to prove my point and make them see what I see. Internal peace with the truth is all I ever have control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment