Monday, June 29, 2015

Today's favorite verse: Philippians 1:23-24

Today's favorite verse: Philippians 1:23-24
"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better.
Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you."

I have had that desire to depart and be with Christ, but I am not suicidal. This desire has been my struggle since my near-death experience. I did not want to select this as my favorite verse and speak of this dilemma. Then the spirit spoke and said "I am not alone in this desire." There are other followers of Christ with this same pain. We wish to be taken, to not witness this earth, but to live with Christ. I have pondered on this many days. I think the balance is to increase in love for my fellow man. It is only out of my love for others, and what is needful for them, that I can endure the love for my Savior and the desire of my heart to be with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment