Saturday, June 13, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 10:5

Today's favorite verse: 2 Corinthians 10:5
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

This verse made me think of a little film strip I saw at church as a youth. It was based on Elder Boyd K. Packer's talk "The Mind is Like a Stage". What an impact it had on me. It showed in this film strip how our mind was like a stage and how anything playing on it had our attention. These thoughts would overtake our lives. When we didn't want bad thoughts we just kicked it off that stage. 

Over the years I have many times kicked bad thought off the stage in my mind. I honestly would talk to myself and say "get off that stage". I would replace it with a new scene, focusing on good thoughts. Over the years those bad thoughts don't try to take center stage very often. I have filled my mind with good things to dwell on. The scriptures, hymns, family history, using technology, and callings in the church take up most of the room on my stage. I am so grateful for Elder Packers words so long ago. They have truly blessed my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment