Thursday, May 16, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 7:9, 15

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 7:9, 15
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them."

I pondered on the great redeeming work taking place in the House of the Lord for both the living and dead. I reflected on the number of temples that now dot the earth and are still coming. When my parents wanted to make eternal covenants and have their children sealed to them we had to drive from New York to Utah. When I married the Washington D.C. temple was available and only a 10 hour trip. Now I live within 10 minutes of a temple. There have been many around the world that had to make greater sacrifices than my family and I. As the temples grow closer to the members, the numbers grow on both sides of the veil for those wearing white. We are preparing for the great day of the Lord and worshipping in the House of the Lord is key to this. I take interest in the dedicatory prayer of the Kirtland Temple and how it mirrors this.

"That our garments may be pure, that we may be clothed upon with robes of righteousness, with palms in our hands, and crowns of glory upon our heads, and reap eternal joy for all our sufferings."
(Doctrine and Covenants 109:76)


Day 3333

No comments:

Post a Comment