Friday, May 31, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 22:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 22:7
"Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

I have really enjoyed reading the book of Revelation this time through. I was nervous at first because of all the symbolism and how hard it all seemed. What if I didn't understand something important for me to know? I trusted in what the prophet Joseph Smith said about Revelations, and wanted to know how this could be.

"The book of Revelation is one of the plainest books God ever caused to be written"
(in History of the Church, 5:342).

If it is plain and easy to understand then I had to make sure I wasn't reading it in the manner than went beyond the mark. What the spirit told me was to look for where I would be, and where the righteous saints are. That is what I prayerfully did and it has changed my feelings about Revelations completely. The book is full of keeping on the covenant path, the importance of the temple, and following the words of the prophet. If your focus is on the Savior it does not matter what the world is doing.

I can see how everything that is being covered in general conference is in keeping with the counsel given in Revelations. We are in the later part of the latter days. The prophet of God is preparing us for the second coming of Jesus Christ. We have to remain faithful and never take our eyes off of the Savior. There is divine protection for the saints. Revelation is a book of promise and hope depending on which side your focus is.



Day 3348

No comments:

Post a Comment