Friday, May 3, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 2:15

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 2:15
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

I sat and pondered on all the ways that I am showing a love of the world. The conclusion I came to is my love of the world has changed over the years. One little thing that gives me an indication is how I spend my down time. There are movies that I used to love that I just can't watch anymore. I thought about my Facebook posts and how they reflect what is meaningful to me. It's full of my love of the scriptures and news of the church. As I reflected on areas I need to address I found it interesting that my desire to have them has changed too. It's not like you are giving something up, its that you want something better.

The other day I had something happen that I had every opportunity to be angry and lash out. Instead of ranting to others I sat down and had a conversation with God to help me get past it. It really helped. The desire for God's blessings was greater than the world's justice. I think that over everything showed a love of God over the world. It's not just things that are markers, its were you find comfort or even if you want it. Earlier, I would have just relished in a good old rant. Oh, there still are triggers that want to bubble things up but I keep whacking them down like weeds. I want a clean lawn not a wild untamed one.



Day 3320

No comments:

Post a Comment