Friday, May 10, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 1:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 1:1
"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

"The Prophet Joseph Smith (1805-44) said: "The book of Revelation is one of the plainest books God ever caused to be written" (in History of the Church, 5:342). How is that? Because it is centered on Jesus Christ, and the events of him coming again."

As I knew the book of Revelation was coming I had this feeling of being inadequate in sharing anything meaningful. I wondered if I should study some writings about Revelations first. Then the Spirit told me not to. That I needed to read Revelations and look for the pure messages. I need to look for Jesus Christ and what it tells me about him. When I see that Joseph Smith said the book of Revelation is one of the plainest book, I realized I what to see what is plain too, and not go looking beyond the mark. I look forward to this adventure.



Day 3327

No comments:

Post a Comment