Monday, May 20, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 11:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 11:3
"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

Where am I, or the righteous in this chapter? I want to recognize these two witnesses when they appear and listen to what they are saying. So many want to see the miracles they perform, but I want to know what are they saying? I can imagine it is a very exciting time for the saints of God to see this final prophesy happening. I may not be where the two witnesses are but I'm pretty sure I will see this event streamed live. Especially, when it says the people of the earth will rejoice over them when they are slain. I won't rejoice like them, only sit in anticipation of what is to come. The true rejoicing is when the Lord comes.

I try not to setup in my mind exactly how prophesies are fulfilled. I believe if I treasure up the word of God that I will recognize it when it happens. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.". (Isaiah 55:8) Tonight, I was reading in the Book of Mormon where the Savior appears to the Nephites and explains how they were the sheep of another fold he mentioned to his disciples in Jerusalem (John 10:16) and they understood him not. That was because they assumed incorrectly of whom He was speaking of.

"And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
And they understood me not, for they supposed it had been the Gentiles; for they understood not that the Gentiles should be converted through their preaching.
And they understood me not that I said they shall hear my voice; and they understood me not that the Gentiles should not at any time hear my voice—that I should not manifest myself unto them save it were by the Holy Ghost."
(3 Nephi 15:21-23)



Day 3337

No comments:

Post a Comment