Sunday, May 19, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 10:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 10:11
"And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

I want to hear and read John's additional prophesies. I anxiously await all the promised additional scriptures. When I was looking for when John would prophesy again, at first I thought it would be after the Lord came in His glory, which would be the millennium. Then I realized I was overlooking a comma.

"And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou? For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.
And I said unto him: Lord, give unto me power over death, that I may live and bring souls unto thee.
And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee, because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory, and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people."
(Doctrine and Covenants 7:1-3

John will tarry until the Lord comes in His glory. Until then he is prophesying to every nation, kindred, tongues and people. They just don't realize that's who they are speaking to.

"A story about Joseph Smith and his bodyguard Allen Stout provides yet another example of an encounter with a translated person who concealed his angelic status while fulfilling his mission upon the earth. As Joseph Smith and Allen Stout were walking on a road west of the Mississippi River, “they saw a man walking along a road leading in from the south and coming towards them. The Prophet told Allen to remain where he was while he stepped over to speak with this pedestrian. Allen turned his back towards them and for a time forgot the Prophet and became engaged with his own thoughts, while he stood whipping a low bush with the cane he carried.
“The hand of the Prophet upon his shoulder aroused him. The Prophet said, ‘We must return immediately to Nauvoo.’ They walked silently and rapidly. Allen became very sorrowful over his recreancy to his duty and could not refrain from weeping. The Prophet asked him why he wept. Allen confessed, ‘I am an insufficient bodyguard—criminally neglectful of your welfare. I allowed that man you met to speak with you without even being ready to defend if he attacked you. He could have killed you and made his escape without my knowing who he is, which way he went or what he even looks like. You will have to dispense with my services and take a guard on which you can depend. Your life is too precious to be trusted to my care.’
“The Prophet then said, ‘That man would not harm me. You saw John the Revelator."
(McConkie, Remembering Joseph, 210–11)
(Donald W. Parry, "When Joseph Smith and His Body Guard Met John the Revelator on the Road", 24 Aug 2018, LDSLiving)



Day 3336

No comments:

Post a Comment