Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 13:8-10

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelation 13:8-10
"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
If any man have an ear, let him hear.
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints."

Over the years I've seen so many conspiracies and speculations on what 666 means. I think in many respects in this chapter it's a deflection on worldly things and not the true focus for a saint. I again asked "where am I in this chapter, or where are the righteous". I found they have their names written in the book of life of the Lamb of God. They have patience and faith. If I can develop and obtain all of these things I don't even need to begin to worry about what 666 means. I find it interesting needing to have "ears to hear" about those that lead others into captivity, or kill with the sword, which can be both physical and mental. They will have the same done to them. Then there is this connection to saints having faith and patience. It makes me think of the people that conspire to dig a pit for someone and then they fall into it. It's like it's saying don't fall into this worldly practice of trying to mislead, corrupt or overcome others. Don't join in their contentions, infighting and stand separate.

I reflected on what I recently learned about patience. It truly is a god-like attribute. I learned that patience requires forgiveness not only with yourself but with others. The One that had the greatest capacity to forgive also demonstrated godly patience. As I have worked on forgiveness of others, I found being able to forgive as they are doing wrong to me, not waiting until after, changes the way I react and speak to them. It brings a level of godly patience towards them into the whole situation. There is a protection that envelopes your spirit when you combine patience and forgiveness together.




Day 3339

No comments:

Post a Comment