Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 47:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 47:2
"Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers."

From the footnotes I learn they are warned to prepare to become slaves. They are on the way to exile. Why is this? In verse 8 the reason is given.

"Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:"

I think this is why it bothers me when people preach "I am", affirmation statements, and occult practices like the law of attraction. They just don't see how offensive this is to God. None is greater than His Son who sought only to do the will of the Father. These false teachings are just so dangerous. At first they can seem so innocent, but they can go totally out of control fueling pride. Somethings being taught to our children in the end can be the spiritual downfall and loss of them.



Day 2885

No comments:

Post a Comment