Thursday, February 9, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 34:1, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 34:1, 16
"Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them."

As I have been reading Isaiah I have been trying to find where I am in it. I want to be counted among the righteous and those blessed at the Lord's coming, instead of the people destroyed. In this chapter I found the counsel that will help me stand in that holy place. The first verse I'm told to come near, hear, hearken. If those in the world come out of it and listen you won't face what is next described to happen. Then the sixteenth verse I am told to seek out the book of the Lord. I think of different books that could be referring to. The scriptures where I hear his voice daily would be one of them. But, I think it also could mean these other books.

The book of the law of God, referring to those that are apostates.
"Their names shall not be found, neither the names of the fathers, nor the names of the children written in the book of the law of God, saith the Lord of Hosts."
(Doctrine and Covenants 85:5)

The book of life
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."
(Revelation 20:12)

In an epistle from Joseph Smith more was given on these books.

"You will discover in this quotation that the books were opened; and another book was opened, which was the book of life; but the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works; consequently, the books spoken of must be the books which contained the record of their works, and refer to the records which are kept on the earth. And the book which was the book of life is the record which is kept in heaven; the principle agreeing precisely with the doctrine which is commanded you in the revelation contained in the letter which I wrote to you previous to my leaving my place—that in all your recordings it may be recorded in heaven."
(Doctrine and Covenants 85:5)



Day 2872

No comments:

Post a Comment