Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 33:2, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 33:2, 22
"O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us."

The other day I was reading in 1 Nephi 11 where Nephi ponders in his heart the vision of his father. Then he was caught away in the Spirit and was shown the vision and given the interpretation of it. As I was reading all of a sudden I could hear his joy and exclamation over seeing the lamb of God. The wonder of all he was seeing. Then sadly the sorrow at the wickedness of the world. It was a marvelous experience. Ever since then I can hear and feel the joy in the scriptures as I read them. When I read these two verses I heard it again. It truly is a new way for me to read them.

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."
(2 Nephi 2:25)

"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."
(Alma 26:11)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;"
(Doctrine and Covenants 11:13)



Day 2871

No comments:

Post a Comment