Friday, February 17, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 42:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."

This made me think of the pre-existence when someone else wanted all the power and glory.

"But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;"
(Moses 4:2-3)

The Beloved Son came to do the Father's will, and the glory upon Him is not something he can turn aside, and sell for a mess of pottage. It would frustrate the whole entire plan of salvation.

Isaiah's word are a foreshadow of events when Satan would try to tempt the Lord.

"Then Jesus was led up of the Spirit, into the wilderness, to be with God.
(JST, Matthew 4:1)

After having spent 40 days communing with God, I picture the Savior learned of his full role and ministry to come. He knew he would drink the bitter cup, make an infinite atonement and die for our sins.

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me."
(Matthew 4:8-9)

What Satan offered was a way for the Lord to bypass the infinite atonement he was to make, and take an easier way out. It was all lies and empty promises. The Lord would not give up his glory and worship an empty god. He came to do the will of the Father and be our Savior. How grateful I am for the choice that He willingly made.



Day 2880

No comments:

Post a Comment