Monday, November 7, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 142:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 142:4-5
"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living."

This made me think of being spiritually self-reliant. It also made me think of this part in the Book of Mormon, were people lifted up in pride persecuted others, and those being persecuted turned to God.

"Some were lifted up in pride, and others were exceedingly humble; some did return railing for railing, while others would receive railing and persecution and all manner of afflictions, and would not turn and revile again, but were humble and penitent before God."
(3 Nephi 6:13)

The only way the people that were humble could endure these times were to be spiritually self-reliant. Which made me think of President Nelson's warning that the time to prepare is now.

"But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives", Apr 2018 General Conference)

Elder Hales speaks of how we become spiritually self-reliant.

"As our spiritual desires increase, we become spiritually self-reliant....We become converted and spiritually self-reliant as we prayerfully live our covenants—through worthily partaking of the sacrament, being worthy of a temple recommend, and sacrificing to serve others."
(Robert D. Hales, "Coming to Ourselves: The Sacrament, the Temple, and Sacrifice in Service", Apr 2012 General Conference)




Day 2779

No comments:

Post a Comment