Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 6:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 6:18-19
"An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

I feel like lately I'm always drawn to these verses but its what we're going through right now. I'm watching how destructive this behavior is and in the end instead of destroying others they destroy themselves. It's the saddest thing to witness, and I wish I didn't have to. I am reminded of these words from President Nelson as he spoke of the project to renovate the Salt Lake Temple.

"As I have watched workers dig out old tree roots, plumbing, wiring, and a leaky fountain, I have thought about the need for each of us to remove, with the Savior’s help, the old debris in our lives...
I invite you to pray to identify the debris you should remove from your life so you can become more worthy."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Welcome Message", Apr 2021 General Conference)

Never would I imagine the debris that had to be removed in my life was a relationship. I know it is wisdom in the Lord that my family stop walking on eggshells. He opened the door for all that took place and they removed themselves. I cannot help but feel sorrow for them. I have a place of refuge and peace inside my home, and they do not. I am coming to understand more fully forgiveness, love and compassion in ways I never could before. Prayers have become much richer as I pray they get the help that they need.




Day 2793

No comments:

Post a Comment