Thursday, November 17, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 1:25-31

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 1:25-31
"But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices."

I can't imagine the Lord laughing and mocking the wicked because they would not listen. I know I'm sensitive on that because I have someone I love that is facing jail time for their actions, and they just made things worse for themselves. There is no way I could laugh and mock them when the demands of justice fall on them. As I sat and pondered on this I realized the Lord's hands are tied in many ways. Just like mine are. That laugh and mock is not a cruel one. I could just picture His stretched out hands saying "Now you want me to save you?" It's that laugh of you're asking the impossible of me, because there are laws. You just don't get it, after all I warned you about. Sometimes, we don't receive answers to prayers because there are things we need to learn first. At some point the lesson time runs out and justice must be served. The doors to the ark are already closed and that boat isn't coming back.



Day 2788

No comments:

Post a Comment