Sunday, November 27, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 11:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 11:14
"Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety."

This chapter had so many wonderful verses to ponder on. It shows what happens to the righteous and wicked in various situations. This verse made me ponder on how blessed I am to have a multitude of counsellors in my life. How can you fall when you have counsellors inspired by the spirit to help direct your life? The biggest set of counsellors is the first presidency, with the prophet and his two counsellors. Then I have the counsel given by all the apostles. Listening to General Conference is when I can feast on hearing all of them. It puzzles me when people think there is no need for a prophet in our day, to help us prepare for the second coming of the Lord. The world needs the counsel of a prophet, seer and revelator more than ever.

"The Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord would remove me out of my place, and so He will any other man who attempts to lead the children of men astray from the oracles of God and from their duty."
(Wilford Woodruff, "Official Declaration 1", Oct 1890, General Conference)


Day 2798

No comments:

Post a Comment