Friday, June 24, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 6:9

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 6:9
"The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer."

I thought about how prayers to God are always heard. They are always answered even if that answer is not now, wait, or no. I thought about how prayers would always be a yes, if we learned to ask by the spirit for that which is according to God's will. I know there have been times I have been stopped from asking for something, like the healing of a loved one, because that isn't God's will. When that happens the spirit tells you what to ask for instead.

One of my favorite Book of Mormon stories is Nephi, son of Helaman that is given the sealing power. One of the reasons this great power was given him was because God knew he would not ask for what was contrary to His will.

"And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."
(Helaman 10:5)



Day 2643

No comments:

Post a Comment