Monday, June 6, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 30:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 30:16
"And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me."

I know Job suffered, but I don't know how long he was left to suffer. When pain is left as your constant companion for days and weeks and months it really wears you down. I can understand how he said "my soul is poured out of me." It made me ponder on the times I have been in horrible pain and just had to suffer and endure it for what felt like an eternity. My most recent journey with pain was when I shattered my wrist. That pain was so intense and went on for so long. I remember thinking I just can't do this, and I was right I can't. I've learned to have conversations with God and each time I cried he was there for me. I've experienced the miracle of His comforting embrace that would strengthen me, and help me get through the worst of it. There is purpose in pain and that was one of the reasons for it. You don't become acquainted with God by smelling roses, its by needing him.



Day 2625

No comments:

Post a Comment