Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 11:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 11:4-5
"The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’s throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

I was drawn to the word "eyelids". What does that mean? I decided to see if the Joseph Smith Translation of the bible brought any clarity.

"For the LORD, when he shall come into his holy temple, sitting upon God’s throne in heaven, his eyes shall pierce the wicked.
Behold, his eyelids shall try the children of men, and he shall redeem the righteous; and they shall be tried. The LORD loveth the righteous; but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."
(JST, Psalms 11:4-5)

That really didn't help, so I had to ponder what it means to see someone's eyelids watching you. If I sit with my eyes closed, unless I am sleeping, I am aware of where people are in the room. I can even see in my mind what they maybe doing. All mothers have a gift of seeing with eyes in the back of their head. You will know what kids are doing without even watching them.

So, I think it means God may appear at times to be sleeping and during those times it is a real test on what we think we can get away with. The righteous will continue to do good things, the wicked will continue on the path they are already on. As I pondered this it made me think of prayers that don't appear to be answered. We may think God isn't listening. Instead He just has his eyelids closed, to test us to see what we will do.



Day 2648

No comments:

Post a Comment