Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 32:8-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 32:8-9
"But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment."

Everyone born to this earth is given the light of Christ to know right from wrong.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."
(1 Corinthians 12:7)

With this we still have our agency and can choose to be unwise. I have always loved to be around older people and learn from them. I had been taught to respect my elders and that they knew more than me. It wasn't until I was probably in my thirties that I shockingly realized some adults were not all wise and knowing and lacked understanding or judgment. They appeared stunted in their growth and did foolish things. That was so disappointing and heartbreaking to me. Once realizing this I vowed to not be that type of example to others. I have taken this verse to heart.

"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
(Titus 2:3-5)



Day 2627

No comments:

Post a Comment