Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 11:4, 13, 26

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 11:4, 13, 26
"And it came to pass in process of time, that the children of Ammon made war against Israel.
 And the king of the children of Ammon answered unto the messengers of Jephthah, Because Israel took away my land, when they came up out of Egypt, from Arnon even unto Jabbok, and unto Jordan: now therefore restore those lands again peaceably.
While Israel dwelt in Heshbon and her towns, and in Aroer and her towns, and in all the cities that be along by the coasts of Arnon, three hundred years? why therefore did ye not recover them within that time?"

They are fighting over land after 300 years, because of what they felt was wronged against them. I pondered on how the people that were alive when that happened were long gone. How can you still feel wronged? Then I thought of the history of my nation and those that hold on to how their ancestors were wronged. Is it really feeling wronged or is it using it to their advantage? I cannot say because I have nothing my ancestors would feel wronged over. I guess the tradition has to be handed down from their fathers. Then I thought of the Lamanites and how they handed down the tradition of how they were wronged by the Nephites. There are just some traditions we need to break. It comes with forgiveness.



Day 2381

No comments:

Post a Comment