Saturday, May 29, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 3:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 3:2

"And he shall lay his hand upon the head of this offering, and kill it at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood upon the alter round about."

This made me reflect upon the sacrament and how I prepare for the partaking of it each week. I leave at the door the world as I come in to become clean of my sins, and renew my baptismal covenants. The water is the emblem of Christ's blood shed for me. The bread is His body, bruised, broken and torn. The priests bless it and the deacons pass it to me. In its way it's sprinkled round about the alter. As Israel was to reflect on how these ordinances represented the ultimate sacrifice made for their sins by Jesus Christ, so do I.



Day 2252

No comments:

Post a Comment