Monday, May 17, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 31:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 31:13

"Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

I actually had a discussion regarding this earlier this morning. I was talking about something I did on the Sabbath day that I typically do not do. I even quoted a talk by President Nelson on it. When I thought about the sign I was giving my Heavenly Father, because of my desire to help another in need, I knew it was acceptable to Him.

"How do we hallow the Sabbath day? In my much younger years, I studied the work of others who had compiled lists of things to do and things not to do on the Sabbath. It wasn’t until later that I learned from the scriptures that my conduct and my attitude on the Sabbath constituted a sign between me and my Heavenly Father. With that understanding, I no longer needed lists of dos and don’ts. When I had to make a decision whether or not an activity was appropriate for the Sabbath, I simply asked myself, “What sign do I want to give to God?” That question made my choices about the Sabbath day crystal clear.
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Sabbath is a Delight", May 2015 General Conference)



Day 2240

No comments:

Post a Comment